Friday, January 15, 2010

Dana's Christening


Finally, our baby Dana Angelique has been welcomed to the Christian World last December 19! First event of our baby so I made sure that it was special.

Almost 3 months of preparation for my baby Dana's Baptism, it includes checking online for best cake/cupcakes supplier, venues, decors , invitations and souvenirs. I've came across different forums, blogs and gathered different ideas and feedback. Thanks to Google for making it easier for me to find anything under the sun. Anyway, I will share my supplier's ratings as well and li'l kwento so to help other mommies on their party events.


CHURCH: Holy Family Parish Roxas dist. Quezon City
Rating: 10+


We chose this church since it is very near to our house; just 5 minutes walk away. We opted to celebrate it Saturday so we can avail to the Special ceremony. We paid 1,350 all in all., the fee will depend on the number of Godparents. THe Father who baptized Dana was great, he's a bit kwela and my baby behave so well, she didn't even cry the entire ceremony. Just a bit shock when holy water poured on her head. MOst of her Godparents were late, but it's okay, we are still able to take pictures on the Altar.


INVITATIONS: layout was DIY by mommy and Ninang Leigh

rating: 10 ++++

For the invitations, i have created 2 layouts : online invitation and invitation given personally to the recipients.
The design were created (DIY) by me and mardz Leigh ( she was very helpful since that I'm still in the process of learning PS ...at that time..now I can rate myself 8).


This invitation was printed in Photoprinting shop in Farmers Plaza Cubao.
PRINT RATING: 5


I dealt with the manager of the shop and was informed that printing alone costs 15 per page. Since my invitation layout is back to back I just asked them to print 10 copies, so that would be a total of 150.00 because I already have my layout. It was a deal and I was advised that can pick it up after 2 days.
I went back to the shop to get my invitation and I was surprised to the amount indicated on the receipt. The total amount needed to pay is 300.00, for the breakdown, 150 printing and 150 layout. T

he manager was not there for clarification so I asked the Manong why do I need to pay for the 150 (layout), I also informed him that I was the one who did the layout and he knows it because he was there when I was dealing with his Boss. He can't give me any answer so I just opted to pay for the amount but promised to myself never to go back again to that Photo printing shop. The print quality is not even good. If I'm not mistaken the name of the shop is Columbia Photos. NOT RECOMMENDED SHOP.


Printed in Divi...
rating: 10+++

Where to scout for cheap souvenirs, party items and the likes...of course we should not forget DIVI on our lists.


My sister and I went to Divi to buy souvenir items and other things needed. We originally went back to this Invitation/souvenir shops and asked if they can do printing but sadly they can only print photo invites. We went to Cluster and bumped into this printing shop for tarp where my tarp was printed (at the side of Cluster.) They also print invitations but they can't do it back to back, so I just decided to have them print it on one page, so the outcome was 1 invitation in one paper, and it only costs 5 per page (cheap..ayt?). I provided the specialty paper that I like.
so here's how it looks like, i just added 2 ribbons to hold the 4 page invitation:




THANK YOU TAG and MAP

Layout: DIY by mommy Map : created by Daddy Printed at Ink & Prints (Cubao) :: www.dalawangpiso.com ::
Rating: 10 +++++




Mareng Leigh recommended this Print shop since that they had Dafanai's guestbook printed here as well and the quality is great. I checked their website and luckily they have a branch in Cubao. So I went there and I've known Ate (super bait), very nice to deal with and she even offered to cut the maps; coz in 1 A4 size of paper, I have 6 maps. She even asked me if I'd like them to cut the thank you tags. Imagine how small the size of the tags are, and I know that it is beyond their service, so I opted to do it myself. It only costs 18.00 per A4 size. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED


CANDLES (designed by Mommy)



Rating: 10+++

I just bought 2 pack of candles (20 pcs each). Originally I planned to have a little bear tied on the candle with a li'l tag (like the thank you card) with Dana's photo on it then the name of the Godparent but then I changed my mind because for sure I will not be the one to distribute it , so to eliminate any embarassing moment giving candle (with Ninong's name) to the wrong person. I just designed it with a ribbon of 2 different colors.


TARPAULIN:
designed by: NInang Leigh
printed @ Divi
rating: 10+++++





We had different layouts prior to this chosen one. I can say that this layout was so simple and sophisticated, it focused on the chosen motif (pink and baby thingies). 2 thumbs up for Ninang Leigh for being so helpful and creative. It was printed in Divi and paid 350.00 (just for printing) ..3 x 4 feet ang size..

DRESS:
rating: 10+++++



Ceremony dress courtesy of Uncle Francis Ritualo



Reception dress from Mama Ka (my mom) - pink and has simple design


shoes from SM - i think its 150 ++..


GUESTBOOK:
Layout: DIY by Mommy
Created using Artscow (www.artscow.com)
Printed by Artscow
Rating: 8 (due to the delay)
print quality : 10 ++++






-- that is for the original Guestbook but then due to holiday season, it took more than a month for it to arrive here in Manila even though I have submitted it a month earlier. I just received it December 23 and boom too late but i sooo love it..I just paid 300++ for this. Lesson learned: submit it 2 months before the event..hehe

Layout: DIY by Mommy
Printed @ Ink and Prints (www.dalawangpiso.com)

I used the same layout since I ran out of time. A day before the event, I need to think what alternative I can use for Dana's guestbook. So 8 pm I went to Cubao (ink and prints) to have it printed (i just chose few pages from the layouts). Then I also went to hubby's office in Libis to pick him up (i just missed going home with him). So we arrived at 11 pm then I just started doing the guestbook almost midnight..good thing I have spare wrappers that I use for my previous scrapbooks and I came up with a new idea on how to compile it. Cuttings are not that perfect but still unique and cute. Here's a glimpse:




CUPCAKE STAND
created by Papa Toks (my Dad)
Rating: 10 ++++



It is made of plywood then I just covered it with gift wrapper..:D The reason why i asked him to make a cupcake stand so that i can use it on any occassions. Thanks Papa..you love your granddaughter so much..sad coz he was not able to attend the event.


SOUVENIRS:
Rating: 10 ++++

The materials were bought in Divi then I was the one who assembled it, idea ko yung sa designs so sinabi ko na lang sa tindera yung materials na kelangan ko...just got it 18 per piece so total of 1,080.00 for 60 pcs. souvenirs.

RECEPTION VENUE: Bambu Gardens (bambugardens.multiply.com)
Rating: 8

Caterer: Amy's Catering
Rating: 7



The place is okay since maluwang din naman siya but since 11 am to 3 pm yung reservation namin mejo mainit na and may part na mejo naarawan na yung guest, maybe bec. the vines (halaman) na nasa taas e lanta na..so need nila baguhin yun. Other problem here is limited parking space..as in 3 cars lang pwede..


The package that we had worth 20,000.00 for 60 pax.

Food that we chose:
BEEF: beef with mushroom
PORK: lumpiang shanghai
CHICKEN: chicken cordon bleu
VEGETABLE AND PASTA: fresh garden salad with thousand island dressing
DESSERT: buco pandan

Amenities
- food for 60 persons
- use of venue
- cake ( round )
- 30 pieces cupcakes
- use of in house components
- balloon décor
- buffet table with balloon centrepiece
- tables with floor length table cloth
- chairs with floor length seat cover and ribbon following your motif
- waiters in uniform
- complete catering equipment

as for the design of the place, i sent an email to Trixie (bambu) regarding the design of the centerpiece, the balloon decor since she mentioned that they can adjust the decorations as what i like so kampante ako na yung pictures ng balloons na gagayahin for the design e masusunod, simple lang nman mga sinend ko na pictures e..for the cake i also informed her kung pede yung design na gusto ko..instead of the crib, palitan ng topper..for the cupcake , may sinuggest din ako kaya lang may additional na and mas mapapamahal pa..so i decided to stick to their free cupcakes (kaya lang super sweet nung cupcakes). If she informed me earlier with regards to the design sana nakapagDIY pa ako ng decors para mas maganda..okay naman yung decor niya pero so simple..

For the foods...i like the beef with mushrooms and chicken cordon bleu as well as the fresh garden salad with thousand island dressing, the lumpiang shanghai was so-so...then for the dessert, we chose buko pandan but then i didn't see any buko pandan instead it was replaced with a chocolate cake so I asked the waiters where is the buko pandan and they can't tell me the answer so i looked for Trixie and was informed that she didn't know, maybe the reason why it changed from buko pandan to chocolate cake bec. prior to my party they had a party and the buco pandan was spoiled kasi mainit daw yung panahon so maybe to eliminate any food poisoning they just use chocolate cake as dessert BUT DID not even inform me about it. I paid for the package and it is my right to know if there are sudden changes , ayt? pero pinalagpas ko na lang yun..andun na e...sana lang narefund ako for some amount (for complimentary) hehehe...
the waiters are ok...nagseserve naman ng drinks and all...and i know that Iced tea is refillable so expected na hindi mauubusan..mainit kasi nga lunch time yun..pagdating ng 2:30 when we asked for Iced Tea..ubos na daw..diba dapat madami sila dala since refillable yun? hayz...mura na nga yung package pero sana naman mas naging okay if naiinform din ako..regarding changes..and if hindi pala masusunod yung suggestions ko so that i have an alternatives..

Here are some pics of the venue, foods and decors..









BUT WE ENJOYED IT and OUR BABY ENJOYED IT AS WELL SO HER CHRISTENING TURNED TO BE SO GREAT.. she didn't even cry..natulog lang...hehehe..some pics to look at..




hubby and I with IBM peeps








19 comments:

  1. wow... finally there's the original guestbook na! required ba mag english dito? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hindi nmn mare..taglish nga ako e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an effort you put in, stunning also, I have my sons christening 19th. June in Ireland aaahhh looking for ideas :( . Thank you for sharing (salamat maganda)

    Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Catering Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content.
    catering equipment

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi guys..thanks for the comments..:D glad that u appreciated it..next is Dana's bday

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! i just want to ask about the guestbook from artscow... how was it paid? online? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi sis question lang po yun photo book mo sa artscow 300 lang? as in? pano ang shipping? free shipping ba? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just opened my blog...sorry if late ko na masasagot mga questions..for the photobook ..8x8 sya..new member kasi ako..im not sure if I availed the free shipping or free photobook and sagot ko shipping..all in all na yung 300..dpnde sa palitan ng dollar..

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi i would just like to ask, where do you think I can have business cards and flyers printed? from your experience which ones are the cheapest? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I have Ms. Trixie's email add?
    here's my e-mail add>> auberrypalarca@yahoo.com. please send me her e-add. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mommies yung guest book mo maganda...=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing. very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post is really helpful and valuable to the readers. Thanks for sharing such useful information to those who have their baby baptism soon. :)

    baptismal catering services

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miabambinaboutique.com is proficient for dresses in design industry and in this universe. We are giving baptism dresses, communion dresses, first communion dress and blossom young lady dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I really love it, so the event venue is Bambu Gardens, may I know the details of this event venue, because I'm making a list of events venue in quezon city, so for the caterer, I suggest Hizon's Catering :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Internet Computer Shop In Philippines We offer first end-to-end printing services shop in Philippines.Xgzenthave T-shirtPrinting,Invitation card,&Mug Printing Cards In Philippines.

    Visit Now:- http://www.xgzent.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. baptism reception

    Πάνω από 30 χρόνια πουτοόνομα ‘Μαθιουδάκης’ εμφανίστηκε στοχώρο.Ένας χώρος απαιτητικός και συνάμα μαγικός.Η μαγεία αυτή, όμως, έγινεμεγαλύτερη μέσα από τιςδικές μας πρωτοποριακές ιδέες.Μεέμφαση στηδιακόσμηση και μευψηλοτάτου επιπέδουτεχνογνωσία σεκάθετι που αφορά τα λουλούδια.Είμαστε πλέον υπερήφανοι για τηφήμη μας σεολόκληρητηχώρα ωςκορυφαίοι επαγγελματίες σχετικάτόσομεκάθεείδους event.

    to get more - https://mathioudakisevents.gr/organosi-vaftiseon/

    ReplyDelete